Tuesday 1 May 2012


Roast Turkey Carvery


Once a week or so we take my dad out for a meal, nearly always to The Carvery Company at Cribbs Causeway. Roasts are not difficult to make but equally they are not the most exciting of meals to create either, so I thoroughly enjoy having someone else cook it all for me. Meat always tastes better and juicier from a larger joint I think, and if I was to cook such a meal for the three of us, we would end up eating leftovers for the rest of the week. By the time I would have bought all the vegetables, it would probably work out more expensive too – at £10 for two meals, it is really good value for money.

There is a choice of roast turkey, beef and pork at lunchtimes during the week, and vegetables include cauliflower cheese, roast parsnips, peas, leeks in a creamy sauce, peas, carrots and cabbage, so there is something for everyone, with a choice of roast or new potatoes, stuffing, Yorkshire puddings and gravy as well as all the usual condiments: mustard, mint sauce, horseradish, cranberry sauce.



Since starting the Slimming World plan again this time, Husband and I have been feeling the cold much more, probably because of cutting right down on carbohydrates; but we both came out of the restaurant this lunchtime with a nice warm glow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment