Thursday 3 May 2012


Strawberries Cardinal


As the two men in my life were having triple chocolate pudding for dessert tonight – special offer at the garden centre of all places, selling off Easter stock- I didn't want to be left out, so I decided to make myself one of my favourite summer desserts: Strawberries Cardinal.



Serves 1
2.25 syns on Extra Easy

150g strawberries
150g raspberries
sweetener to taste

Hull and quarter the strawberries. Place the raspberries in a saucepan with a little water and heat gently until the berries are nicely crushed. Push through a fine sieve to remove the little seeds and add sweetener to taste. In a bowl, mix the raspberry coulis with the strawberries are stir well to cover. Leave for at least an hour at room temperature before serving.

Of course, it is perfect topped with whipped cream, but fat free yogurt was pretty delicious too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment