Saturday 23 June 2012


Beef and bean burgers



I wanted to make something slightly different with the leftover beans – normally I would just bake a jacket potato and use them as filling, or make a chilli con carne, but I just didn't fancy that today. Hence the burgers were born.



Serves 2
Syn Free on Extra easy

Using 250g of extra lean minced beef, I mixed in the leftover jazzy gungo peas as well as the chick pea and carrot tajine using a few quick bursts in a food processor. I wanted to retain some texture and shape of the beans still. I reckon most leftover vegetables would work very well in burgers – the beans added a nice moisture as the spices lots of taste. Shape into patties and fry in a little Fry Light.


Home made tomato sauce:


Syn Free on Extra Easy

200ml passata
1 tbsp sweetener
stock cube or bouillon powder
a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce

In a screw top jar, add all the ingredients and shake well until everything is evenly mixed.

Serve burgers with salad of your choice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment