Thursday 21 June 2012


Hawaiian Pineapple and Ginger Dessert

 

 


We both love ginger, so this really appealed to me when I first saw it. I adapted the recipe slightly to fit in with the Slimming World Plan, and it was every bit as good as I thought it would be. You can adjust the amount of ginger to suit your taste – I used a knob about the size of half my wrist and it carried quite a punch! 

 

Serves 4
Syn Free on Extra easy

1 whole fresh pineapple
knob fresh ginger
sweetener to taste
1 tbsp cinnamon

fat free coconut yogurt to serve



Peel and chop the pineapple and place in four dishes (or one large serving fish). Finely chop the ginger and sauté in a little Fry Light until soft, ca 5 minutes. Add the sweetener and cinnamon and enough water to just cover the ginger by about 5mm. Gently simmer for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened, adding more water if necessary. Poor over the pineapple and and serve with the yogurt. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment